Friday, September 14, 2012

Thank goodness

Well all I can say is thank goodness that I can drag out my KitchenAid stand mixer here for this weekend totally.  With the cooler weather I will be cooking and baking more around the place totally.  So now at this point in time I know that it is better for the household that I do things from scratch anyway and most of the times winter here is the best time to do things or when it totally cools off for the week.  Since I had the window units here for the household I can not see running the oven here at all to heat up the house so that is why I used the grill almost every day and on the weekends to cook on totally.  With that part I still have propaine left in the one bottle for the grill almost 5 months later here.  So now back to the mixer here, it seems strange that I have really not used that all summer here at all.  But then again with the heat I did not want to make cakes nor anything else in the house here so the poor thing got put back totally untill this week here.  With the KitchenAid stand mixer I can totally trust that it will work here for me and that is how I like it also with alot of things.  Also here since I have been looking thru the cookbooks that I have to get ideas for dinners also on the weekends for the place along with some of the things that are in memos in the back of my mind here, I can make everything on the cheap and still have it come out ok.  With the leftovers that I froze back it is not so bad at all for dinner ideas at all now.  Granted I pulled them back just in case if I did not want to cook for a day or when I go back for surgery here it still works out for the best here also.  Even with my one Aunt when I was down she asked if I wanted peas with dinner and I said that is fine by me since I do like the veggie here she laughed.  So this is why I have almost every veggie known to humans here either in the freezer or in cans at this time untill the garden starts going good.  And yes I have a slicer and shredder for the stand mixer at this time so I can get that part done without pulling the food processor out also.  This is why I do not mind the KitchenAid mixer at all at this point.  So now since there is alot of things that I can do with the mixer here it will not be so bad this winter when I start cooking more here for the place inside.  Also it will get to some of the neighbors that I am cooking more often than not here yet again.  While I was out with my Husband yesterday here I found out that the one dollar store will take coupons also here by the sign that they have in the window.  So now at this point in time here at least I know that I can go back into that store here and save even more money at this time for food and other things that they have that are name brand for the place here.  With that part of things along with other dollar stores I should do ok here from now on for that part of things also.