Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The cabbage fest went well

The cabbage fest went very well on Sunday.  I had a ball sitting there watching the camera when I was there for the band Eletric Rodeo.  First time of working the camera for the day and not knowing what to do when to do it it's alittle shakey but I am hopeing for the best.  The 15 pound cabbage was my prize find of the day for 5 dollars.  So I am makeing cabbage soup as of 10am this morning.  It is smelling so good right now that it's not even funny.  The recipie came out of one of the booklets I picked up from Ft. Niagara in Youngstown NY when some of my family came up to see me 3 years ago.  It is a great educational tool around here besides the falls in the city here.  Along with Smokein Joes with thier museum in the smoke shop also.  I still like to walk around for an hour over there to see whats new and a few other places also.  The Cabbage Fest was free in Ransomville NY on Sunday to get in and pay for food and if you wanted anything from the other vendors also.  It was such a nice setting in the Ransomville firehall parking lot that I will not complain about it at all with family orianted stuff to do.  Once I get some video from the fest I will post that here of course.  I forgot my camera of course never fails with that becuase I wanted pictures of everyone includeing myself.  Well I do have a picture of the head of cabbage that was baught on Sunday and I will post that at a later date so you can see how huge this thing was.  It was still worth the money for it and then some.  The Eletric Rodeo is on http://www.facebook.com/ I know the band members well and LOVE them as my own family.  A bunch of wanderfull people in the band.  Ok folks before I go to much farther here I have more work to do around the house.  So have fun and play even harder.