Friday, October 9, 2009

I finally got out again

I got out again for about an hour yesterday morning.  I had to pay some bills again and without a car to go in I walked all over.  I also picked up another 20 cents while I was out of the house on my walk.  It was so nice out that I almost peeled my jacket off also.  Why I diden't was what my mother always told me if it is chilly when you first walk out without a jacket then you keep that item on.  Well after the cabbage fest and cooking enough soup I finally got sick of soup for this week.  Part of what was left was pulled back and put into the deep freezer.  I can only deal with so much cabbage before I start pay for it.  Now I have to wait for awhile for my system calms down before I can eat more of the cabbage now.  I can really say that my Grandmother wanted some over the phone also when I called her yesterday.  The poor woman is no spring chicken anymore and she has had the flu for the almost a week.  The flu season has hit very early everywhere this year.  As our mom's told us wash your hands constantly and a few other things to prevent on illnesses.  Anyway at least when Winter hits I am hopeing some of the flu bugs get away from everyone.  Now I know why alot of the older folks sit out in the winter time now.  Ok so it takes me a bit to realize what goes on and why.  Also why I love my soup and stew dishes around here.  And chicken soup will be made today again.  Well I picked up 3 chickens at the store on Saturday when I did have the van.  I eat while I am alone but smaller meals if that makes since.  It is still hard for me to cook for just me.  So lots of leftovers around here during the week depending on if it is a favorite in the house hold.  Another good thing about the Big Freezer is that I can cook and put alot in there and pull something small out during the week.  That is the bad part around here.  Maybe not since I am not going out to eat and spending money that way.  I think that's why the Hippy keeps me around for my cooking.  Ok folks have fun and play harder I have to start cooking for tonight.