Saturday, October 17, 2009

More cast iron cookwear

Well I am slowly replaceing my old cookwear with cast iron.  I am tired of the non stick coating of the pots and pans that I have here.  And Ultrex discontinued selling the set that I have.  So I will be switching to cast iron piece by piece around here also.  The nice thing about it is that I can put it over an open fire to cook also if need be.  So I shopped around for the best deal that I could find and Ollies did the trick for the 3rd pice that I have.  Once I get the 10% discount card in the mail I will get a couple of more pieces once again.  Pluss it helps with putting food in the Hippys truck also.  Running 2 kitchens is hard and expensive.  Another driver from the same company was complaining that it wasen't working with what is going on.  I am guessing that he is spending more than what is coming in in pay.  All the Hippy could do was shake his head.   I was laughing about it becuase, in fact I was in the middle of Ollie's when he told me about it.  Well bargan racks have always been my friend since I was in High School and I will admit to it now.  Pluss hitting the bargans is not so hard when you you get use to it and change your mind set on things.  Sometimes it is just not right in what I do for the household and it works for me.  Just like I picked up 2 5lb bags of regular whole wheat flour for 99 cents a piece.  Between the brown bread and the puppy cookies I needed it anyway.  Now I know where to get it for $1.50 less than what everyone else wants for it.  And Cherios were $1.99 also for 2 bags in one box. It is knowing the prices of most places and keeping a price book or a mental note on whats what and where.  I do not have a Sams club card anymore so I shop at the regular stores.  Pluss with coupons at most stores anyway.  The fun I have is rakeing the stores over.  There are some people that are better at it than I am still.  But, I am slowly getting back into the swing of things once again.  Haveing a ball trying to also.  I have heard some people behind me in the stores start mummbleing of course oh God she has a stack of coupons in her hand.  Untill they hear the total befor and after in the store most folks cant believe that I can go anywhere from about 5 dollars on up to 50 dollars or more in coupons depending where I am and how good the sales are.  Then I normally get the last laugh of course.  I have done well for the household and will be getting better also here shortly.  And I will be figureing out more here in what to do again.  Pluss I do not have to go shopping for another month except for the 18 wheeler.  I will need regular bread and a few other items of course and I can still walk over to Walmart.  Knowing what is needed and what not to get.  Here in January I will be hitting the Clearence racks again for jeans and other stuff.  Ok folks have fun and play even harder.