Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Working on the bills

The past several days I have been loafing off and trying to figure out all the bills for the month again.  And also paying them on top of everything.  I diden't get all the bakeing done since the last time I was on here niether.  Well after I did somethings untill my back said no more afterwards.  So the catch up is that some things got done and the place is pretty clean so I did get some sleep also.  And I did get out some yesterday to do some running for the household.  As I pulled out of the bank yesterday morning (on the N.F. bulve.) I seen 2 dogs cross the main road in the cross walk between where I was sitting at and Millitary Rd.  I started laughing becuase they had no owner walking them and both dogs used the cross walk.  It was the funniest thing watching becuase the cars waited for the dogs to get done and up on the sidewalk then went.  Now normally at 9:15 am there's less traffic out anyway and I am guessing that the loose dogs coulden't wait for thier walk of the morning.  Now for today I really need to clean here and I will be doing my 15 min to 30 min clean times then sit for awhile then start again.  I will be doing alot of the streaching of the cleaning supplies also today force of habbit with me for the can.  Small areas and a bucket for the whole house for the most part.  The flour bomb went off on the counter pluss myself yesterday becuase I needed bread for the can.  Since the hippy likes store bought bread I will do it for the truck.  It makes it a bit easier on me instead of makeing 4 loaves a week.  He also got exctied when he seen the muffins in the bag that I packed for him also.  The muffins that I make came right off the http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/ they are so easy and with the basic recipie that Susanne has on there there's 101 ways of fixing them also.  My big THANK YOU to Susanne.  Now back to the bills of course.  I was reading on the bill from Time Warner which I do pay on line that if the bill is over 45 days late they do charge you a 7.00 dollar fee for everyday that you are late.  Things that the head office will not tell you at all.  They will tell you that from the first day it's the 7 dollars.  Well all I can say is read the bills folks and if the reading is a down side have someone read it to you.  IF at all possible start to budle things to save even more money.  Now with the cable company I have cable internet and the house phone all into one bill.  The phone alone for the plan that they offer is 90 dollars pluss if you are not carefull.  Now I do know with Cricket cell phone service they shut the phone off the day after it's due if you do not pay it by the due date.  That is one reason I went with Cricket for this go around.  Pay the bill on line skip the 5 dollar charge and no contracts at all for them.  Every time if I had any questions about the plan they answered them without a problem at all.  So all I am saying save money when you can.  If some companies will knock off money by paying on line go for it.  I save about 50 dollars a month by going paperless and paying on line.  Just please make sure you have fire walls up for the on line bill paying and a few other steps.  And if a company sends out an email that you know that you DO NOT pay for on line or directly out of your account make a phone call and be sure it is ligit before you give out any info.  With the cable modem I do not pay for the AOL connection at all it is a free service.  There are people out there that fish for account numbers at all times and it never hurts to make the phone call and ask questions about it.  Make phone calls and if at all possible pay the bills on line to save time and money.  It could mean that it's extra grocery, vacation, or shoe moneys for the household.  Ok folks have fun and play even harder today.