Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Well now that I am feeling better

Ok I am feeling better about pinching pennies really hard now.  It seems the harder that I pinch the broker the electrition gets now.  Im seeing this in a new light now.  Now what I want to do is try to take what I know to the next level around here and try for the ultra cheap for 5 days a week now.  Since I know I can do this I will have to work on it for weeks to come to get into a way of thinking and makeing it all happen.  It is a rutine that takes practice and work to achieve.  Yes I will still be walking to and from places for the most part during the week and picking up soda cans soda bottles and glass bottles to save up for a kitchen wood burning stove.  It is a slow go for now, but, I will get there of course.  Saveing money is hard sometimes.  I do it one penny and nickle at a time around here.  It all adds up with going cheaper than what I am now.  Pluss streaching everything out to the max here in the can.  So yes I am saveing money by streaching everything out.  Just like the 3 turkeys that I have bought here reacently.  They were on sale.  And fairly cheap to streach the grocery budget.  Since I married a Truck Driver there are times of the year when you end up streaching more than you want to also.  And I have got back into the grove around here to start streaching out everything again.  Some by force only becuase knowing of what happends.  I do not mind being without a car at all becuase it is a long walk to get to work.  I need the excersize anyway and I get to pick up nickles along the way to where I am going to.  Pluss why give NY State extra money when they do not desirve it at all.  A friend of mine today asked how I was manageing so far since he stopped by my place.  I told him straight out streaching out everything makeing pennies scream more than once before I let them go and eating alot of soups, pastas, and rice dishes.  I use less of everything that is called for and shop for the best deals out there that I can.  It takes alot of practice to do this and changeing the mind set in alot of things.  It takes alot of time and reading also to figure what is best for you and your household.  There were times where the Hippy just totally bucked on what I was doing around here that I almost gave up.  I stuck to my guns on alot of it though and now we can both laugh about it and what I had to do to make the household run.  Alot of it now is like second nature to me in shopping the bargin racks at the stores going to the dollar stores and getting meats on sale.  I even went dumpster diveing still do at times.  Pluss being at the right place at the right time to get free products at some places.  There has been struggles and good laughs also along the way also in the past 14 years of me being up here in NY.  I was also asked a couple of weeks ago in how to set up a budget without feeling like they were going without all the time.  I said by not eating out of the vending machines and takeing lunch to work.  Going to the knock off stores to get groceries also helps on the budget instead of where they are going now.  I have several stores that I do go to also.  By choise of course and habbit also.  Ok folks have fun and play harder.