Friday, October 2, 2009

I am enjoying the quietness

At this point in time I am really enjoying the peace and quiet around the can.  The kids will not be outside today becuase of all the wet sloppy weather out in the open.  Well October came in with a bad attitude it will go out even worse by the end of the month.  I am hopeing for NO ice storms this year.  I would rather walk in 4 feet of snow than walk in ice anyday.  Pluss it gives me a chance to start really useing the oven now.  This morning it was 37 outside already and its only the 2nd.  So yes I have to move somethings around so nothings blocking the vents again for winter.  The windows are blocked up most of the way and I will be blocking off the front room this year.  I am planning for a hard winter this year again also.  And since I diden't get the cieling fixed over the summer I am going to block off the front of the can with a sheet at least so no drafts come thru the kitchen via that way.  And my list is growing by the day to get things done around here also.  I need to do all the sheets and blankets that are up at the windows again before winter hits again.  By doing that it seems warmer in here becuase I really hate to say this Mobial Homes are drafty if you havent lived in one before.  Yes I block the windows as much as possible around here to stop the drafts as much as possible.  Now I do know some people who got thier natural gas shut off during the summer months.  First  one dident even attemt to pay on the bill so they shut it off on the person.  The next one has been slowly paying the bill off and, she hasent been able to get the gas turned back on at her place.  I do put my foot down on paying the bills first before I go to the store or any place else to get anything.  Guess I got lucky that I have been good in that habit.  Yes I did get the furnace going instead of running the space heaters for the 2 rooms like I was doing.  The Hippy had to close off the damper to the A/C unit before I could fire up the furnace anyway.  At least I do know how to turn on the furnace around here.  And have had to show other people while I was on the road so much a couple of years ago.  So now to start cleaning again and blocking stuff off even more today.  Have fun and play even harder.