Monday, October 8, 2012

Looking around again

Well alot of what I did yesterday after all said and done was to look around the place to see what else I could cut on.  It never fails that I can find at least something here in the household to cut down on or to cut out of the budget here totally.  The funny thing is that I did talk to my Husband yesterday here and he asked in what I had done for the day at that point in time.  So I told him straight out that the computer was off for most of the day by that point along with afew other things and he about freaked out here on what I was doing for the weekend.  All I could do was laugh about it and go from there.  Also I got asked if I had threw in a load of laundry for the weekend here and I said no not with the rain at all also.  Since I have several more weeks here of nice weather somewhat outside I will hang the laundry on the lines untill about when the snow flys this year.  I may as well do that part for the place totally since the power bill is still way up there for my budget.  The nice part about all of the cutting down here is that things still stick around to the point of I can not streach them out any further than what I do already.  Since alot of things have been switched over here to the cheaper end of things it works out for the best here in the place.  Pluss not only that some people that were coming over all of the time and have stopped at this point wander in what I am really doing here since they do not have a clue anymore.  The whole thing here is that I have switched to almost the cheapest dish soap, bar soap, along with the shampoo, and conditioners for the place.  Next is the cleaner for the spray cleaner for the bathroom here.  That is what I have not switched over as of yet here at all.  With the cleaning rags that get used here for the household for the mess in the kitchen and the bathroom at this time it has cut down my paper towel use totally.  I still have an 8 pack of paper towels that I had bought last year in November that I picked up after I got home from Illinois.  That has bothered some people to no end in what I have done on that part since I was at the trailer and that habbit came to the house also after the both of us moved in.  Also I had a stack anyway of hand towels at the trailer that were really to big for the kitchen and got to thinking if I use that then I do not need the paper towels at all along with working at the time in the hotels.  So now here I have saved over 5 grand here in about 10 years by doing that.  Another thing is when the hand towels and dish rags get to ratty for the dishes and drying my hands here I throw them into a bucket to use here for cleaning.  I know that there was not any paper towels back in the 1800's and early 1900's at all and they used rags for cleaning back then.  So now here I have noticed that since I have been alone for the weekend it seems like I do not need alot of things to keep myself busy along with seeing in what gets done on the cheaper side of things.  Some people have not got that part about me at all as of yet and may not ever get it at all.  It seems strange that alot of things can be streached out here to the max without anyone being here also.  All I can do is shake my head on some things that have went on and think of better ways of doing alot more for the household at this time.  The auto flow adjustment on the washer helps out also for part of the housework along with other things that have been done.  Things like one sinkfull of soapy water and the other sink of rinse water, stopping the water in the bathroom when soaping up along with not flushing all of the time also here saves money.  Now to see what I can get to for the day on cleaning and go from there.