Saturday, October 13, 2012

Thinking again

Well I have been out already here and alot of things were a bust this year with the garden.  So I will see what I can do here in what is here out of the garden and the left overs from lastnight.  It will not be so bad with the ham and rice here at all.  So as I sit here now and think for that part of things already here for next year.  Now here I know that I have to get that much cheaper here for the winter months without a second thought now.  I am happy that some do not mind the rice here in the household at all.  It is looking more like rice and pasta will rule out again this year.  Since I have the tricks up my sleeve here still on alot of things that start in the kitchen it is not that bad.  This is why I have said to get rice, pasta, butter, onions, and afew other things.  My Husband looked at me and asked how I can get alot of things into tonights meal totally.  What the man forgets here is that I still have the bones along with other things to make stone soup here totally.  That is part of the trick for alot of things in the kitchen at this time.  With prices going up all over the place here you can get creative in the kitchen to use everything to the max.  Since I have saved some bones to make soups out of here for the household and that goes to say some people did not even realize in what I was doing at the time also at the time it is even better on me.  With that said the broth will go with the rice while cooking it.  It is one of the little tricks that alot of people will not tell you about with rice.  And you wander why I hit the one china shop to eat every so often here in the area.  Once ya get to know everyone there it makes it easier to ask what would you do in your own home for the rice.  Pluss I got it all first hand with an old boyfriend's Mom and Grandmother when I asked questions.  It all helps out in the kitchen at one point or another.  With that said that is how I learned about some things that you could do with rice along with leftovers.  Things like chicken, pork, and beef that are left after a dinner throw it in the rice cooker with rice.  With some working like they were and myself watching some did not mind at all when I was in the kitchen with them at all.  Anyway it is all in who you hang out with and if you are willing to learn some will teach you in what they do for a quick cheap meal.  So now here I will be doing some things here that will make my Husbands mouth just totally drop open and have a meal out of it all here with the next several months.