Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cooking

Well I am cooking again here and dinner will be on the cheap side of things again for the household.  Since I picked up 2 heads of cabbage yesterday for under 4 dollars here, we get cabbage again tonight here.  It is one of the veggies that myself and my Husband does not mind eating all of the time for food.  So there are more cheap ways than some people thought totally around the area.  As someone else told me about 2 months ago that she liked cabbage also and wanted to cook more of it for her place also.  I told the woman that the heads of cabbage are small at the stores since they think they have everyone around the area.  I ended up at one of the farms here in the area totally since I had to go out that way anyway yesterday here I got 2 huge heads of cabbage that are about 7 lbs apiece.  What some do not get is that when there is a will there is a way to streach out the food dollars in the household.  And yes some of the neighbors get in why I try to do that part of the household to where the others are mad in how I do things in the house.  With that being said here alot of the times in the summer here some will not see when I get to the store on the weekends since they are out of their own house most of the weekend here.  Since the one neighbores are out most of the time here they do not see all of the onions, flour, potatoes, noodles, baking pwoder, yeast, sugar, and butter that comes in as staples here for my place.  With that list as the main for my place I try and stock up on that part when I get to the stores here.  Also I throw in chicken, ground beef, and alot of veggies that I can find on the cheap at the stores also.  When the prices hit below a dollar at the stores that is when you try to get as much as you can with your budget that you have for the household.  There have been times that every other month I would get the meats for the house the the other months I would get the veggies.  It all worked out at the trailer.