Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Shaking my head

Well I finally got the power bill yesterday around here and it was not as bad as I figured it would be.  With the 2 window units and the 2 loads of laundry that I threw into the dryer here the bill was only 103 dollars for the month.  So now I will keep the power off as much as possible around the house here and see what happens after that.  With that being said here at this point in time it seems weird that I do not mind the radio at all when it comes down to everything for the household.  Even with the new phone here I am not charging it up every 3-4 hours anymore so I am saving there on the power bill totally for the household.  So the power bill will be a toss up for next month here since the area is getting up in the higher 80's to middle 90's also at this point.  The first things to go is the T.V., and computer totally here for the household again along with not using the dryer at all for laundry.  Since alot of things are unplugged during the day anyway it helps at least one bill to be lower here in the household.  The grill also helps out with not heating the house here during the day when I need to cook.  This is what gets to alot of folks in what I am doing at this point here for the household and some power bills are pretty high also once I think of it all.  All of us got to talking about the power bill and a few other bills while we were outside about a week ago.  Some do 3 or more loads a day for laundry at their place since they have children in the household still.  Since my Husband had said something about the line going up soon here outside it will be a good thing on me here even if I put the towels and blankets up on that part of things then to have the drying racks for when I have to get alot more out if I ignore parts of the laundry here for weeks on end.  The weird part about things here is that I have been doing all of this on my own here and will continue to do so without questions about it all.  So now with the good phone here for the house and alot of other things that I will be trying to do to get that much cheaper for the place it is not that bad at all.  Since I am still switching things over to the cheaper end here for the house for the cleaners, I know some people got fairly mad about that part 6 months ago.  Some do not even know in what I have switched out as of yet including one of the window units here since they have not been over at all in almost 5 months.  With the window units here I will say it again close the rooms off that are not being used at all and block off places without doors that are hanging.  I have a blanket/curtain to block going down stairs here to keep the kitchen and living room cool along with all the doors closed also.  Also I have a window unit upstairs for that bedroom here.  Now last year I got one unit in the beginning of June and it worked well for the main floor if all the doors were shut along with the blanket up near the back door.  Then came time that I needed one for upstairs also and got that one also for the place.  Since it will be years before I can get a centeral a/c unit for the household now I will have to work with the window units and I may as well get use to what I have to do for the place anyway to keep it somewhat cooler at this time.  Anyway at least I can say that it all works for what I have been doing so far here for the place and I am always looking to get that much cheaper also.