Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sitting here thinking

Well I am always thinking on my feet around here. Of how I can do things better or cheaper eather way. Well since yesterday I did hit the sales up at Kmart I saved over 25 dollars. That does not include what is on my card also for the place. Well I understand why the cashiers ask if I want to use what is on the card also. I told the gal I wanted to save it up becuase of I am always broke at points of the year. She diden't blame me after I told her also. Pluss I ended up with alot of the Green Works products to clean the can with. The product does not adjatate the birds what so ever when I use it. So I have stuck with it. In the long run it is cheaper to use the Green Works products anyway. When it takes me at least a month to go thru a bottle of dish deturgant that is 3 dollars normally unless I catch it on sale compaired to the runny brand that is not thick enough to even bother to foam up. Pluss with what I am useing now the dishes seem to come out cleaner than with the other stuff that I was useing. With children in and out of the can alot of cleaners will bother them. This way they can tell thier parents this is what so and so uses also and tell them how it works. I know one little on that was madder than a wet cat on a tin roof on Saturday. She missed the cookie bake off around here over the Easter weekend. I even had her Granddaddy laughing. Anyway I have been thinking and working on how to get my place cheaper anyway and it is an on going battle around here. I like it when it is quiet around here and there's no computer or T.V. going also. Once a person gets use to it it is not so bad. I get more work done around the can without them on. Pluss you get creative on how things are done and what you do without them going. Now around here in what I do is I wright down stuff to remind me of how I did things thru the day. It makes life easier on me. And of course there is no right or wrong way of doing things anyway. Everyone has thier own of doing housework and that is how life is. I learned over 33 years ago it takes all kinds of folks to make the world go around and everyone is differant. Just like there is no right or wrong way of being cheap/frugal also. Everyones needs are differant anyway and some of us do things in what is better for that sittuation. Like with me I hit the sales stock up and use coupons, turn off things while I am home, and make phone calls to get better deals for the utilities. There are lots of ways to go frugal and cheap and sometimes they both go hand in hand. My Hubby always teases me about makeing the dollars scream more than a dozen times before I let it go. I have had others tell me I squeek when I walk also. I laugh about it and say it took me almost 20 years to get like this. I also did all of it slowly also. With some things I ask myself ok do I really need something and is there a way that I can save up for it in the long run. Also another thing that I have is I do not go shopping for items that I do not need also. Outfits are so over rated anyway. I live in sweats most of the time along with T-shirts. Yes I do have about 3 pairs of jeans that I can go out on occations where I want to get kind of dressy. I have been known to show up to the stores in fuzzy slippers and rollars in my hair also. I have nobody to impress and if folks do not like it they do not have to look at me niether. I have been like this since I was in grade school. As I have got older I have also realized that I will cook over going out to dine someplace. It is cheaper to stay home and cook also in my book. Pluss when some folks come over they realize that yes I do cook the scratch meals for the household. And some are like can I try that out and have the recipie after they try it. With me I have a ton of recipies in the household and add things to it and try to spice it up. I also have to leave some things out of course. Oh well lets see what kind of damage I can do to the place today. Have fun and play hard.