Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A morning I dident need

Well the power went out this morning. At least there was a pot of coffee done by then. Since I have a gas range I was lighting burners for tea and to reheat coffee. Pluss I can still cook on the burners of the stove. That is why more than likely that when the power goes out it doesen't really bother me to much. Who knows when the boxes are gonna blow gaskets and say we are not playing anymore. Pluss the candles helped keep it somewhat warm in here also. Pluss you never know when the power would come back on from being out. So I did a couple of tricks that I read over the years on how to keep a place warm. One was to fill the bathtub with hot water, the windows are already blocked except for the 2 kitchen windows, and I even had a sheet up at the front door becuase it would be under 32 outside today to keep down the drafts from there. What I won't do for to keep the place somewhat warm around here. The bathtub trick helped out also. Now that I can start bakeing around here somewhat. That is after I get the dishes done of course. This is the joys of not haveing the wood burner yet. I will not put one in the can at all. The rule is 7 min to get out of a burning trailer no matter in how old it is. I have seen several go up in my time. Anyway at least I have most of today to start in on the breads and cake and a few other things around here. I do have corn flour in the can. So I will split the flour and the corn flour down the middle for the bread today. I will also start in on looking for a few more recipies for a couple of things here in the can. Ok folks have fun and play hard.