Saturday, September 12, 2009

Scratch pizza on the way

Ok I never said I slacked thru the week nor the weekend here.  I made bread on Thursday and pizza from scratch tonight.  It helps when I went out to the reservation this morning.  A slami and mushroom pizza is in the oven already.  It helps with the Kitchenaid mixer and a few recipies for bread and dough for the pizza.  The Hippy likes when I do cook around the can.  It is better than the truck stop food let me tell you to say the least.  Even though it was a good turkey dinner the one year when I had to travle to Collinsville at Thanksgiveing time for a funeral.  Myself and 6 drivers were going to the same place.  Even the waitress joined in with us that day.  So I will say that when others say join in they do and it is one of the memories that will carry all the way thru.  So now for tomarrow I will be getting one of the old amish recipies out for dinner tomarrow night.  It is home cooking on the homemade and cheap side of life.  When I can save money for dinner I will find a way to do it.  The nice thing about the reservation there is no state taxes added on to the bill only federal.  So a 30 dollar bill with no state tax is maybe 28 dollars in total.  With the state and county tax it is 16% more after you get done here in NY state and the county tax also.  Well that is why I say shop around for the cheapest price and use coupons when ever possible.  Pluss when I say it takes more time for made from scratch it does.  It is well worth the trouble to go thru with questions of  what can we do to help the family.  If it is cooking from scratch and being dirt cheap go for it.  I have gottin cheaper over the years myself with good reason.  I do not keep up with the Jonses at all.  I do not need to.  Why is becuase, I have always been the type of person to watch jaws drop and show people up myself.  Pluss the cheaper I go the better off the household is in my case.  Ok folks have fun and play hard.