Saturday, September 19, 2009

Well had a quiet house.

Now you all know that I enjoy a quiet household.  So the Hippy came home last night and I really have to say that I do have to wistle for his socks again for the washer.  That is the only bad thing of him going out on the road again is the bad foot odor.  Thank goodness I still have Odo-ban.  It takes about 22oz for a gallon of water.  The gallon that was given to me and said here try this is still kicking around two and a half years later becuase you use so little and it dose the job on most bad odors.  Now I may joke still to this day about it all of the Holy Water for the sofa that the Hippies sister had sprinkle and flames instantly.  There was no helping the sofa after the cats desided to go on it.  That and a few other things were just burned.  There was no way of  the sofa coming clean nor odor free at all.  That's what happends when people get sick sometimes.  On a happier note here the washer is going and the laundery will go out on the line even though its 45 outside.  Four more loads to go out on the line.  May as well use the outdoors to dry laundery all it takes is a bit of your time to hang them and take them off the line when they are dry.  Now you can understand why I am harder on wasers than I am on the dryers in my household.  Yes I live in NY State and that's how I keep the power bill down also.  I know alot of the NYSEG customers thier bills are more than likely going up another 25% this year.  That is just the taxes again not the useage.  And alot of people do sit in the dark alot around here.  Maybe that is why when the power goes out I do not freak out over it and I do not mind at all.  The only way I notice when the power goes out is when the clock on the oven goes out.  That is what I get for not running anything during the day for most days.  Now this week I will have one show on at 3pm on monday and other than that the TV can sit there off and off at the power strip also.  I can laugh now becuase I do not own a regular radio at all except the battery opperated one with head phones.  I still do not use it at all.  The coffee pot is off also around here most times with the crafe here in the house I have stoped burning coffee.  So do what you feel comfy with and start slow at first so theres not a total backlash from anyone in the house.  That was my problem when I first started out trying to cut back here in the can.  There were alot of places that I just loved to go to to save mone and still do.  Some are within walking distance for me some are not.  Of course I will have to wait untill the 8th or 9th of the month for a ride but that is ok by me.  Pluss with Walmart right here behind me it makes it easier to walk.  Alot of things are cheaper over at Walmart than Aldi.  Take the closer of the eviels and go to that store.  Now with that being said some stores do not have everything that you need anyway.  SO what I would do is go over to Walmart then over to Aldi becuase they were at one point across the parking lot from eachother.  Now with the Super Walmart right in plain view from my kitchen I can walk there.  And yes I walk back with the granny bags.  Nobody minds around here at all.  Ok folks have fun and play even harder today.