Sunday, September 6, 2009

Still counting down

I am still counting down for everything on Tuesday.  A quiet house and a clean house to boot this should be good on me.  With a bit of work and an hour at least a room a day then I should have a pretty clean house.  I do like to deep clean every so often around here.  It works better when I am alone without tripping over anyone.  It will be a nice switch from haveing someone else here 24/7 to just myself.  Then I will miss the Hippy after awhile.  And yes I will be frugal on the cleaning also while I am at it.  Now to figure out how to cook for one person again.  That is the hardest part about the whole thing without anyone here to cook for also.  Pluss I get to make fresh bread for myself once again.  And there will be times where I just won't eat becuase there is only me in the can.  So yes the food budget will be streached to the limit again.  Then I only have to cook one piece of chicken also for now.  Unless I want left overs the next night.  It will be wierd for the first 2 weeks or so to get into the swing of things.  Nothing a person can get use to again.  Thats the nice part about some things.  I will wait to go to the grocery store for another couple of weeks here.  Just so I can get more coupons and there are better deals by the end of the month also.  The sick part about figureing everything out and how the sales go.  It was done for the people on welfare around here in NY state.  Well I can not pass up a good deal that is me.  The other part is that some people should be on food stamps but are not becuase they make 1 dollar to much here.  So to play the gam you have to use coupons and eat leftovers around this area.  Most of us rarely go out to eat.  Once you get use to the Idea of not going out to eat and over the grease attacks it all works out well.  I still laugh that I have totally cut out on the going out to get dinner.  It just ment that I had to get a deep fryer for the house for the fries and a few other things.  Once you start looking for the sales on everything and use coupons for the list that you have for the grocery store you can cut the bill into half if not more.  Now up here for most of the Grocery Chains you have a club card for the sales and double coupons.  Sometimes there are triple coupons it depends on how much of the loss the store wants with some of us going there.  Pluss I have dumpster dove for can goods becuase I was so broke at one time.  That was a ball in a half.  Sometimes I still do it depending on what mood I am in for the time.  Even though the lable is riped off doesent mean it is not good.  As long as the can is in good shape it is good to go.  There are lots of ways to save at the grocery store and other places.  There are bargin racks also at alot of the stores for like disconntinued items that they want to move quick.  I had shopped the bargin rack for years and got stuff that you wouldent think about useing a coupon for also.  Sometimes the stores would rather take the huge loss on things to make a sale or to move it out of the store.  I have left my phone number with some managers for when they are throwing things that are still good for fruit and vegies for the can.  Pluss bread that was a day over the sale price.  They can not sell it by law and nobody dident say they could give it away niether.  I had a freezer full of hamberger buns at one time from Mc Donnalds.  So there are ways of doing things on the cheap.  Even with the running of the 2 kitchens I can still get the bill for under 150 dollars a month.  Some have a hard time doing that.  Once you know what is on sale at the time of the month and go from there and some thing of getting use to also it is not hard to do.  Like in my place we all do not drink alot of soda.  Soda and chips are a treat in my house.  I hardly get soda and when I do then it will last for months.  Now with extra money coming into the house I can run to PA for the soda.  And other things while I am at it now.  There is less taxes and no bottle deposit in PA.  Yes I take the cans back from PA to the stores up here and get the nickle here in NY state.  Pluss I don't mind the 4 hour drive to see family on top of the shopping.  Anothher pluss is no tax on jeans and other clothing items.  There are several advantages on travleing also.  And a half of a tank of gas I can handle it.  So find out what you can to be cheap on alot of things.  It will pay you in the long run on alot of things.  Like unplugging everything when you can around the house.  And hanging out clean laundery also.  You will be amazed in how much you can cut the power bill and or the gas bill.  It depends on what you have on the dryer and water tank.  I use the washer on tap cold also becuase there is a bottun for it on the GE Profile washer that I have.  I have also started with useing less of everything also in the cleaning products.  Well there is only 2 people in my can and it is worth streaching out everything that you can.  Even with pets theres alot you can do to be cheap on.  Like bathing them yourself and notice in what they like to eat and turn thier noses up at.  I know with the bird I can get him the parkeete food and he is happy with it.  I buy the 10 pound bag and I do not have to worry about getting food for him for about 2 months.  Now for the scratch paper that is a differant story also.  I like the scratch paper becuase it wears down his nails instead of getting them cut once a month.  Pluss where I got him from I can get his beak clipped.  So as I say one hand washer the other and it works out well.  Ok folks have a good day and play even harder.