Saturday, September 5, 2009

Something I hardly do

I just did something I hardly ever ever do anymore.  I just paid a bill over at the grocery store.  Yes I paid a service charge also.  Now normally I pay bills on line or go to the office to pay them when ever possible.  And I need to start paying bills on time also starting next month.  I will have enough and then some for next month to start that.  I just do not like paying the charge for the convienance of paying at the grocery store at all.  Another is becuase I don't go into the store that I went to today.  The sales ads are not that great for groceries and other things.  And thier meat counter is out of this world with being way over priced.  Now with myself walking more in the coming weeks I will be able to do more at other stores.  Walmart is one of my favorite places and Wegmans is right across the street from there I shoulden't have a problem.  Walmart I can see from my kitchen window.  There is another great store named Ollies down the street with in walking distance also.  Ollies is like a Big Lots and the Dollar Stores combined but messier.  They have a card for you spend so much in the store and you get a coupon for a persentage off the next bill that you are there.  I can get alot of stuff way cheaper in there than even Walmarts prices.  On top of everything it is right on top of the bus lines.  So even better on my part.  So there are ways to get around without a car at all times.  I can laugh about it now in how many times I have walked somewhere and it hasent bothered me at all.  When I had my Honda it was down more than up for the longest time and I walked every place on this end of town.  And I will begin that again here next week also.  I will start dropping pounds also.  So 2 birds with one stone in my book.  Another good thing about walking in the Winter months is that Any parishable foods will not spoil on the walk back.  In the summer months when I was walking everywhere I would go out very early in the morning and get stuff.  It takes me the same amount of time to get to the store walking as it does to drive it.  With all the traffic between the Mall,Wegmans,Tops,Walmart, and a few other stores in the area.  So I will never be board around here.  Ok folks have fun and play even harder.