Sunday, August 16, 2009

Even hotter today

Today is even hotter outside. I have been hanging laundery out and it is not good out side at all. And the poor air conditioner hasen't had a break all day hardly. I have the fans going and trying not to cook just yet also. I am saveing money by not running the drier at all today. It throws out enough heat that the coldest room in the tin can heats up fast. The coldest room is the restroom as normal. It is amazeing that its already in the 90's outside. So I will be takeing a somewhat lazy day after the last load of laundery goes up on the lines. Even the coffee pot is off till we all need another go around. I bought the craf to keep it hot inbetween makeing coffee. Thank goodness there are easy cheap meals out there to fix for dinner to where I dont have to heat up the place totally. That's why I like searching for recipies on line to get creative for dinner ideas. It works for my house hold and some people do not mind when I start to try new things. Of course shrimp and lobster are out so are T-Bone stakes. That's my household. I can get dinners out for under 10 dollars per day. By going to Walmart, Aldi, and shopping for sales pluss coupons. So that means lots of ground burger, chicken, and meatless dishes. Once you get use to the idea it becomes easier to deal with. There were some fights about it at first as always. I battled it out with success on it. A thing that helped me out alot is that i did read someplace to split up the meat. Now most of the times there's only 2 of us that eat here. So I get the 1/2 lbs of ground meat, and 3 pieces of chicken to quart zipper bag. Now I DON'T reuse the zipper bags with the meat in them at all. I see no since in it becuase of cross contamination. You can only wash them so much and you can not get all the nooks and crannies on them. So if they have had like drier sheets in them they stay in the bathroom where the washer and dryer are and get reused for just dryer sheets. That's how I do things. I get picky to some of it. OK folks have a good day and be safe.