Sunday, August 23, 2009

Loved dinner

Dinner has been done and over with for some time now.  It was pretty good with the broth noodles and garlic.  And more bang for the dollar tonight.   It was about 2 dollars for 2 of us to eat tonight and theres enough for lunch tomarrow also.  Now to just get my toush into gear and cook more cheap meals for the rest of the week.  It isen't as bad as it sounds at the moment.  Alittle thought and planning goes along way around here.  The other part is haveing things on hand to cook with also.  I always have flour in the house.  That's a given around here.  So are onions and garlic.  To be mainly stocked up on some stuff is a good thing.  The things you use daily you need more of it.  Like around here chicken is a cheap meal along with made from scratch sauce.  The sauce recipie I can not give out at all.  All I can say is tomato pure and go from there.  So now I get to make pizza sauce and regular pasta sauce also.  I keep really busy around here between side jobs and cooking from scratch.  Always have and always will.  Then theres the little things like hanging laundery out and the normal house hold chores that seem to never end.  If you can find a cheaper way of doing things go for it.  I know I have my perks for being cheap around the house.  Like a little dab of dish deturgant goes along way in my house.   So does cleaners.  I hardly use paper towles as a rule unless I am cleaning.  Some people that come over to my place are total pigs and like to trash other peoples houses.  So now my place isen't that bad I need to do touch ups in the bathroom as normal like cleaning the sink and the cammode.  Then I need to wipe down the counter tops in the kitchen down again and to start makeing pies again along with alot of other things also.  And there's to make biscuts and bake them half way and freeze them for later use.  What I do is freeze them after baking them half way and pull them and bake them the rest of the way when I need them.  Now alot of people that I know around here can not cook at all.  And i send them to a few places to learn how to also.  Pluss some ask me how can they get thier household even cheaper also.  All I can do is laugh most times about it.  One person asked and I printed out a sheet for her to fallow and she gave up after 2 weeks.  Now there are some things that I do not have in the house.  For good reasons.  I do have dry beans in the house.  There are times I want beans and rice for dinner along with some chili or what I call chili.  I havent quite mastared the dry beans yet but that's me.  So do what you can to be cheap in the kitchen.  Now I am always saying that the Kitchenaid appliances are a blessing in my place. I use them all of the time.  And it is well worth the money that I spent on them.  You can get better deals with the holidays coming up.  Black Friday is one of them good days to get really good deals.  Shop around and look at the sale ads also.  I go to http://www.sundaysavers.com/ alot also.  It is a one stop look at the ads.  Another site that I like is the Kitchenaid site.  I look most times to see what they all have.  Ok folks have fun and play hard.