Tuesday, August 18, 2009

One nice thing about being home

I finally relized I don't mind being home all of the time. I can look up free stuff come up with new recipies and look for coupons. And find ways to be cheaper than dirt about things here in the house. It is bad when I can find ways to save money on groceries, the power bill, and everything else in the place. And i just hollared at a friend to turn off the light above the sink also today. Even though it is pennies still the same rather have them pennies in my pocket. Most of the place is on power strips so I can automaticly turn off alot of stuff at one time. It pays to be cheaper than snot in my household. I can go out to my yard now and more than likely can pick up 20 cents worth of cans and or bottles. Most times thats how i pay for groceries along with coupons. It is wierd but it is true. And I use paper towles for cleaning only in my household also. I have hand towles all over the place for wipeing of the hands. It is a cardnal sin to use a paper towel to wipe your hands after you wash them on those. You wont find paper plates nor the plastic cups nor the plastic forks knives or spoons. They are a waste of money in my eyes. I have cut ans slashed everything in half like the dish soap and laundery deturgant. As they told us growing up a little goes along way. And they were not kidding niether with that saying. As I say the bargin racks are our best friends at all the stores. When I can find a pair of pants or jeans for 3 dollars when they were 15 normally. That is how i have dressed most of the household or thru yard sales. And alot of people will shake thier heads at me. It dosen't bother me anymore when they do that. Or when I am at the check out lanes with a fist/paw full of coupons I have heard people start hollering about it till they see the finall bill at the end of the coupons and for the can return. I sent a 45 dollar bill down to $4.95 at walmart one day and one of the elders was impressed with me. That's when I first got Oliver and alot of it was for him. So there are ways to cut the bill down for Walmart and other places. Some that come over to my place are amazed in what i can do for the month in only shopping once a month shopping trips that I do make. I alos plan out everything as much as I can for meals and other things. Once I got use to the fact to planning out and getting organized enough it made it easier on myself. Alot of folks don't understand that you dont need to go to the store once a week. There is alot of farmers markets and road side stands at this time of the year. Pluss with one of the buttons that I have added with the vegies in season so you can tell what is and isent in season at the times of the year. You can catch sales on alot of things and some things are seasonal cheap. Just like football season tater chips as I call them are cheaper along with beer and dips. Even though it is still cheaper to make your own at most times of the year. Ok folks I will have more later on play safe.