Thursday, August 27, 2009

Today is a new day

Today is the new day of being frugal or cheap however you look at it.  The 2nd load of laundery is in the washer and the first load is already up on the line.  I almost ran out of stuff to wear again.  So I may as well do laundery while it is nice out so I can hang it all out side and save 20 dollars again this week if not more for not useing the dryer.  Almost everything is unpluged and or off at this point in the morning.  The hippy had a late night here.  So now I get to Do what he dident do which is unpluged what he used.  And I am really thankfull that I did pick up the crafe about a year ago.  The coffee doesent get burn from sitting in the coffee pot for more than 2 hours.  Most times it is shorter becuase I wait till it gets done perking and dump it into the crafe.  So I go thru less coffee that way.  So now it is the point in the matter I already watched the news this morning and I can have the T.V. off till noon.  Then Paula Dean comes on.  Oliver gets mad if he can not watch her.  Eather way I somewhat loose but not all togeather.  At least I can work on other stuff while he is watching his Miss Paula.  So now to find ways to really get this place motivated enough to get myself even cheaper around here.  It is gonna get wierd for a bit around here till I can really get back into the swing of things of course and alot of hollering and then guess what I win.  It is well worth the arguments also.  To start saveing money on all the bills is well worth the battles.  I have all florecent bulbs in my place.  And some are the compact ones.  Now I have only replaced 4 light bulbs since I switched over.  The one I have had to change was in the bathroom.  Other than that in the past 12 years that I have switched over I havent changed one other than the bathroom light.   If you have the Green Planet on your cable hook up Ed was right on the compact floecent lights.  When you catch his show YOU will LOVE it.  I feel sorry for his poor wife at times and can understand why she flips out at times also.  All I can say is Ladith and tea cup roses to hide the very ugly berrals that Ed picked up.  So yes there is a point to where you have to be tastefull about being frugal and green.  Just like with myself is it really worth getting a cheap hand mixer and go thru it once a month or get a good Kitchenaid mixer and you know it will last longer.  Ever since I got the Kitchenaid I have not threw sparks nor had a mixer go on me.  It was well worth the 200 dollars that I spent on it.  So now I can say that the 200 dollars will last over 20 years if not longer.  So it is a good envestment for anyone about ready to go out on thier own or a newly wed also.  I always look at the cost effectivenss in all that I do.  IF it will save me money in the long run by golly I will do it.  Sometimes all of us have to think things thru to the point is this going to cost me more in the long run or is it going to cost me less.  Now with that being said I may have 2 - 3 bleach loads every 2-3 weeks.  It depends on how many towles, socks, and white undies are there for that amount of time.  Since I did go with the bigger washer thanks to GE for the past due delivery date.  I can stick more stuff into the washer.  Now my old washer would really leave water all over.  And that is if you diden't watch it.  I may as well say it was all of the timers on it.  I am hard on washers to be honest.  With the H E washer it has saved on the power bill when I do use the dryer.  I can not say it for the water bill yet.  I think there is something wrong with the outside meter on that.  I havent really fought with the water company on that as of yet and stressing yet.  Not when most of the neighbors are useing more water and charged less for it all still to this day.  So now to get that done within due time again.  Now for the laundery still I say only half to a quarter in what they say to use for the soap on the container.  Even when I was working at the computer place a quarter of the cap full of the deturgant got everything out.  And I got real dirty from that place.  Go with what you like in the laundery deturgant and use less and see what happends.  The less you use the further it goes and the less you have to buy at anywhere you pick it up at.  It works out to your advantage.  Pluss it saves your closet also.  So eather way you save money.  Ok folks I have to do more house work and laundery have fun and play harder.