Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Starting in on cleaning

I have started the washer already.  Partial cup of laundery deturgant and fabric softener.  The Aldi red bottle deturgant has went really runny of course so I have to use a little more than what I am use to.  When the next 2 and a half bottles are done I am going back to Purex.  I am thinking that Aldi has caught on to what I have been doing with the laundery deturgant.  Normally the red bottle from there lasts for about 3 to 4 months in my place.  Not any more.  So now I have used Purex before and I am going back to it.  I am still wishing that I can find Fresh Start again.  It worked well and dident adjatate my skin.  Oh well at least in that since I am streeching out the dollars in the place.  Now yesterday I found the baged bird seed is cheaper than the one in the canister.  So I will start buying the 10 pound bag and useing part of my storage bowls for the seed.  I wont have to worry about pet food for awhile after yesterday.  I ended up with 30 dollars for the dog, cat, and bird.  That's includeing the food, litter, and the scratch paper.  So that turned out well on my part anyway.  So now I dont have to worry as much about that.  I haven't started cleaning the bathroom yet and stressing yet.  I am thinking on it for the moment.  With the washer being in the bathroom it makes it hard to do more than one thing in there.  And yes I did make my list out last night and I am still adding things to it this morning also.  Even though I am not that far behind in the house work any more it is knowing the fact that I have to do it anyway in time.  If I dont get to all of the list I don't freek out over it nor do I go into hastarics.  I just leave it for the next day and try to do it all then in what I dident get done the day before.  The list that I make up are used on the paper that I have cut the coupons out on that I have printed.  Sometimes there is only one or two that print on the page.  That leaves me enough room to make a double sided list out becuase I do use both sides of the paper.  Some people do not like it and in how I say they don't live here nor pay my bills in the place.  So I do what I can and go from there.  It does get pretty funny around here at times.  Becuase some people say well I use paper plates and I can not live without them.  Paper plates are a habbit and a bad one at that.  As far as I am concerned they are a waste of money.  Along with wipeing your hands on paper towels all of the time.  I have a ton of hand towels for that.  Other wise I would be going thru at least 8 rolls if not more in a month instead of the 1 and a half rolls.  So there is alot of things that I just can not force myself to waste money on like some people do.  It is just not worth it at all.  So now I can say it is a fine line of being cheap and frugal and a bit of being tight with my money.  If you can leave out paper napkins at all cost also along with the paper plates.  You have to do dishes anyway and laundery so a few more items will not hurt at all.  You use the same amount of water if you wash 3 dishes as you would a whole sink worth.  Along with the dish soap.  Just like laundery get a full load at all times if not set the water settings on the washer.  That's why there's a large, medium, and a small load setting on there along with the cold, warm, and hot knob also.  Now the yellow sticker on the washer when you first get it is a guide line.  I have seen this work also.  It may take a few months to see if your bills go down if any at all.  Now I had seen a dramatic fall in my power bill with my washer.  The extended spin works wanders.  The power bill has kept dropping also.  I have a gas hot water tank.  I really havent seen much of a drop in that, it goes along with the gas oven also.  If you first move into a new place make yourself a pest at the power company.  They base your useage off of the last person(s) there before you when the guesstamate the bill.  So every month call them and get a true reading or get the reading yourself and give it to them.  And tell them this is what I used and get someone out here.  The power company readers all know me by first name around here.  And yes I put up a stink with the head office also.  My power bills went down by 75 dollars if not more a month when I started hollaring.  I dident have a fridge nor a dryer at the time.  And the guys took note of that right away and put it in the computer in the car also.  Then also I had an old window unit for cold air.  I found out When I blocked the hallway up along with the windows and the front room that the bill with that was only maybe 150 a month.  Now when I say old window unit it was mostly made by Harison Radiador and Fridgidaire also.  So it went back some years.  It kept the place cool in 2 rooms let me tell you after blocking up the windows and a few other things.  Still to this day I have windows blocked off and rooms blocked with vents covered with foil to save on the A/C and keeping the place cool.  All you do with the foil is get a piece big enough for the vent/grate and cover the bottom of the grate.  Then stick it back in the floor or cieling and what a differance it makes.  And use fans also to help move the air around.  You knotice a cold spot get a floor fan and point it in the direction you want the air to go to.  Ok folks have fun and play hard.