Monday, August 24, 2009

A trip out finally

I went out to fill out an application and then went to walmart also.  I may have a job by the time this is over also.  Well it's better than nothing.  And more money coming into the house.  Everyone has food, litter, and scratch paper also.  Walmart is a wanderfull place let me tell you now.  Along with the dollar stores and Aldi.  With Walmart milk and several other things are cheaper than others around.  I even bought coffee on sale.  Some things I just can't live without around here and coffee is one of those things.  Along with 2 bags of onions this trip also.  I needed all the little things like pet food and litter to onions and gravey mixes.  There's alot that I picked up and a cart full of stuff by the time I walked out also.  No coupons this time around.  Just for the pet food, litter, coffee, and milk was worth the trip while I was out.  I had an older couple laughing about what I did buy in the pet isle.  I told them I had one of each that I picked food up for.  They coulden't believe that the dog gets along with every thing else in the house hold.  So now the place is pretty stocked up for the most part again I dident have to buy any meats this go around.  So that helped me to get out of Walmart that much cheaper again.  I did pick up the bigger bags of food for the bird,cat, cant and the dog.  It is much cheaper that way once you look at the price per pound on the food.  And the cat litter also.  I did pick up the store brand on the cat litter also.  Much better rate for it than the name brand stuff.  It depends on what I get if it is the name brand or not.  Peanut butter is peanut butter for the most part.  So when it's a dollar per pound instead of 1.33 or more a pound for the name brand than the store brand it is a no brainer that I pick up the store brand.  It is what ever is cheaper in alot of cases except for coffee.  Now I do like the store brand of coffee from Wegmans.  That is one of the grocery chains around here in NY.  Tops brand and Walmarts brands are not so good tasteing with me.  Now with the potatoe flakes it doesen't matter to much with me.  I do pick up the Great Value now from walmart becuase they are cheaper than Aldi and Save a Lot with thier brand.  The taste is the same to me between them.  Now the Name Brands are off on the taste with me.  That's me though.  Now on the holidays I do make real mashed potatoes.  Everyone teases me about them alot.  From a 5 pound bag I end up with 200 pounds of mashed.  Even I will admit to it.  I will put the recipie here at the end.  The milk is about 30 cents cheaper than a couple of places up to 2 dollars also at other places.  So if you you shop around it works out better.  If you hit lets say Walmart if you don't have a super center near you becuase they do take internet coupons, then hit up your local grocery chain who has the best deals for that week pluss coupons with the sales then you are saveing money.  I have been known to shop at Walgreens also if they have really really good deals for that week.  Now with that being said the coffee filters have to be at least down to 20 cents for the 50 filters if not further.  Some places are really high on the budget.  As I have said before I refuse to keep up with the Jonses for my place.  The cheaper I go the more I can get on groceries and save money also.  So eather way my place wins with a house full of groceries for dirt cheap.  And now to get the rest of the bills down around here.  Ok here is the recipie for the potatoes for a crowd of people:



1      5 lb bag of potatoes pealed and cubed  pluss cooked

1 16oz of sour cream
1 12 oz brick of cheese sreded of choice
the palm of your hand in garlic
1 onion chopped
1 stick of butter
and enough milk to make creamy




Theres my potatoes for the holidays that everyone loves and gets the 2nds and the 3rds on all of the time.  Have fun folks and play hard.