Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Not a good day today so far

Well the bird had another spat already this morning. I heard him drop to the bottom of the cage thanks to the scratch paper. So I held the poor baby untill he realized I had him and he snuggled right on into me this morning. I already see how the day is going to go. Anyway at this point I have to start really makeing a list for the grocery store so I can reload on the food around here. It seems like some months we both here in the can do not eat much and other times we go thru alot more. I am guessing that I am lucky around here and the Hippy found a job driveing for who he did. It is hard with just my income coming in here with some of the bills going up once again this year. Still alot of folks have not found anything out there at all. The teenagers rule around here in the fast food joints for work. Alot of the older folks won't start to work in places like that at all. I made it more times than not off of a minimum wage job to support the place. Yes it was rough and I really had to cut back on things around here. I can say that when I worked for a place the last go around I had to really ask myself ok what can I live without around my place. And can I go to get the knock off brands instead of the more expensive name brand items here. What I had done was tried to stock the house as best as I could at the time. Also what happened was I was running back and fourth from PA all of the time at that point. And let me tell you I could make 20 dollars go further for food while I was down there than up here in NY. So I would do alot of shopping while I was there and bring it all back up. It worked for 6 months of food and other things for the place in one months time. Now I will say that off of 20 dollars in food it will not go to far unless you have enough practice and cut out alot of meat in todays dollars. I have done the 5 dollar meals for dinner around here and it was not to bad at all for what I cooked. I also realized that when I shreed the cheese myself it turns out cheaper than the pre sreeded in the bag. And I also chop or shreed my own veggies around here. It drives some compleatly mad when I do it in front of them also. When you have less money coming in you do what you have to to cut costs around the place. Ok folks have fun and play hard.