Sunday, December 20, 2009

Dinner is done once again

Dinner is once again done for tonight.  And now to sneek in the goodies from Santa again this year.  At least they are ok out in the van.  Well if you seen the toy box for the dog you would understand why I don't want anymore for her.  Another thing that I like about PetCo is that I can take in the dog to the store and she will stay right with me.  Untill she hears the fish tanks going and mom lets see the fishies.  They had a cat out by the doors for adoption last year and the cat wanted nothing to do with the dogs walking in.  Annie looked at the cat like ok you're a kitty and.  The kid at the front door about had a fit.  All I could say was that she had a cat at home.  For the cat and dog they curl up togeather and sleep.  Olliver is just plain out nuts and bites the cat.  So I have a somewhat managery here and all are fun eather way.  Since Ann is part border collie she heards the cat to the front room in the mornings.  She does her job eather way.  I won't complain at all around here.  With the pets I buy food once a month most times and go from there.  If that at times.  That is the nice thing about here that people don't realize.  Pluss who needs bird seed for outside when there are leftovers from Olliver.  I change his bowl every couple of days and it goes into a bucket for outside in the feeder.  Then everyone is happy.  Yes everything pulls double duty around here.  That is what folks hollars about more than anything else here in my place.  I look at things and ask myself ok what all can it do and can it pull double or triple duty for me at all times.  Like with the Convection Oven that I have.  If the oven goes out then I have something else to cook with also around here.  There's always the Kitchenaid stand mixer also.  Sometimes that pulls more weight than I do around here between the attachments then other things.  And it makes pretty good ice cream also out the maker.  I even made sorbet out of it.  Someone told me I was nuts for getting that attachmet for it when I ordered it.  Well it is better than getting ice cream all the time and paying the high price for junk.  I at least I know what goes into the stuff if I make it here myself.  That is the best part about it all.  That is why I don't mind makeing things from scratch around here.  It is better than the box stuff and When you make things from scratch you know what goes into it all.  At first I had trouble with it all becuase ittook longer to make something at first.  Once you get use to cooking and bakeing from scratch it gets easier I promise.  Now bread takes the longest for me to get done.  And people hover around the oven asking when it is all done.  I make 2 loves at a time becuase one gets ate warm out of the oven when I start makeing it.  Now with me I had a hard time at first only becuase it was so new to me.  Then once I got my mind set on getting it done then I was ok with it all.  I still have flour bombs go off after all these years in my kitchen.  I make all the pie crusts myself for the most part still.  Sometimes I get the already made stuff but not often.  This year I will be doing something differant to the crust it self.  I want to help out a friend and if she likes it then I will go from there.  And I will try it for an oatmeal pie this time around.  I always make a homemade cake for a good friend of mine for the holidays becuase I know she can eat it without to much trouble.  I noticed that once I got the hang of doing things from scratch around here things went smoother and the food got alot better also.  Ok folks have fun and play hard.