Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Someone once told me

When I was back in High School one of the teachers had said something to me one day.  The one teacher had told me that she expected me to stop wearing make-up and to stop doing my hair at one point in life.  The teacher was right on the money for that one.  I hardly wear make-up and I smack my hair in a pony tail most times.  I can laugh becuase my hair never did lay right at all since I do have natural curls.  I have a couple of pairs of jeans that fit a couple of nice tops and very limited make-up here in my place.  I shop alot of the bargin racks and have been doing so since I was in High School.  Normally if and when I go out the Hippy is with me and we all go out to see friends play.  Otherwise I hit the grocery store and the dollar stores at most.  Includeing maybe a session of bingo.  It is very rare that I even go to bingo anymore.  With me I am more or less in sweats and I have got lucky and most of the work that I do the folks at the temp service do not mind me working like a bum.  The funny thing is, is that I really don't go out that much anymore.  I have cut back on that totally within the past 4 years.  Part of it was becuase, I was travleing so much between NY State and PA State that I really diden't have the time to hardly do anything other than being in the car/van.  After it was all said and done I became more blunt and out spoken on alot of things.  And I'm still pretty rotten eggs over that ordeal.  I won't go into everything and won't I'll just say that I am happy that I dident get a child that was no where near related to me nor the Hippy out of the deal.  The Hippy is my Dear Hubby.  And yes I do have an ex husband in the mix in the same neighborhood.  Anyway the Hippy doesen't mind in what I do unless it is way over the top for the can.  For example I started useing the one Kitchenaid food processor more after I rearanged my kitchen.  Instead of paying more for chopped veggies and grated cheese I use the food processor for all of that now.  Since I have 2 of them at this point in time it has made my life a bit easier for cooking.  And yes I saved for that also 12 years ago and caught a huge store closeing at the time.  So yes I do things out of the norm at times when I can get 75% off of an appliance I am there looking.  It doesent mean that I have to buy something at that time.  That is why I do not mind the bargin racks and shelves at the stores.  IF I can get 3 or more pairs of jeans and or sweats off the bargin shelf or rack for the price of one I am doing good.  Pluss when I go out to get things it is becuase what we have is so worn and ratted that I have no choice in the matter.  While myself and the Hippy were working at the computer place we both would rip jackets,  jeans and gloves all the time.  So I ended up at a local store that has now been closed up for about 4 years now to get jackets and thermal shirts.  Jeans over at Walmart or the Thrift stores it was whoever had it cheaper at the time.  Ok folks have fun and play hard.