Saturday, December 5, 2009

Nothing better than

Well I had fried chicken for dinner and no leftovers what so ever.  Tomarrow night is gonna be hard for what to make now.  Burgers or Pizza of course.  Well it pays to be cheap as normal.  I can say that the meal planner does work for the month.  For the monthy plan it becomes easy if you do it all right.  Now a couple that I know refuse to go to the food panteries even though they get food stamps.  Now with me about 200 dollars in food will get me thru at least 2 months depending on what is going on for 2 people.  Now there is the really cheap way or there is what the government puts out.  If you get about 200 in food stamps it never works to the government standards.  This is why I always say to keep at least 2 to 4 bags of flour in the pantery or cabnets in your place.  Most times to make something from scratch is way cheaper than geting it out of the box.  It may take more time at first untill you get use to what it takes to make something from scratch.  The muffins that I make take maybe 5 min now instead of 15 min.  Even doing it by hand it still takes about 5 min worth of prep time in my place.  I have everything in front of me when I start and that is what helps also.  When I would go to the pantries it was like I coulden't wait to see what I got for the month.  It was sick but at least it was food in my eyes.  Alot of rice and caned beans.  You get really creative on how you do things also.  Just like a can of beans with tomatoe sauce with rice and cut tomatoes is a meal in my household for at least 3 days.  Just like a cake mix is breakfast if you put a can of fruit cocktail with it all.  It worked in to many ways around here.  What is worse on it the sugar cereal or a cake mix with fruit.  Go figure.  Pluss it seems to be easier if you get the food stamps at the middle of the month also.  More sales and coupons also.  I would tell the one girl the weekend after the first is when I wanted a day off while I was working 6-7 days a week.  And I still coulden't make it thru the month.  Now I can laugh at this time becuase it took alot of planning and it took some time to get myself togeather.  I started realizeing that I had to cook from scratch from then on and start streaching out the dollar even further at that point in order to make it.  Since then I haven't stoped for being cheap.  I still cook alot from scratch and still keep cutting where I need to cut where I have to.  I have still to this day kept the place stocked up also.  At the time I had a ton of stock which was good on my part becuase I diden't have to worry about alot of other stuff that I may have needed.  The Hippies sister use to hollar at me all of the time when I would get something on sale and down in Punxey while I was there.  The taxes at the time were maybe 4% in PA compaired to 8% here in NY State.  The last time I went shopping down in PA was in June of this year.  It was a total of 75 dollars later and most of my place was stocked up after that.  I still have paper towels that I bought while I was down there.  Now with the bar soap sittuation on the other hand I really havent bought any since I moved the Hippies sisters stuff up here.  I can not tell you in how much stuff was bought that she forgot about but it finnaly got used by 4 years almost 5 years now.  Now I can see haveing about 5 to 10 bars of soap but 50 was just boggleing to me pluss a full tote over full of shampoo and conditioner also while she was at it.  All I could do was shake my head on it all.  I was stuned in how a child at the time could be so spoild at the time of it all and still is to this day even though she is 18 years of age.  If the child dident like something it would stay around untill one of us used it or she would.  So after about 5 years now the Hippy and I have used it all up.  The truck has helped with some of it all.  The other is how I refused to spend squat untill it was used up most of it at least.  Now after this long the one bucket seems like it is empty after all these years.  And I have enough stock for about 3 months now in it at this time.  Now I Was Suppose to get Liberty-Ann at one point in time if the Hippies sister passed on.  Since I would suppossadly Smack the child around We all diden't get Her at all.  I have better ways of dissaplining a child than smacking the child.  I have taped her on the toush once since she was 7 years of age and that was it.  I wanted to take the Hippies sisters head off for bringing the child up to my place with Head Lice more times than I could count.  After Liberty-Ann came to her sinces of getting her hair cut off it pretty much stoped at that point.  I would have been helping since I had my licence at one point for hair.  And her hair was so cute after it had been cut off.  And no more Head Lice after that that I know of.  There is still alot that I am not saying of course except the child was so spoild if she diden't get her way she said that the person Hated her.  Now the child is stuck at someones house that she is not related to and I can not help her at all.  Nor do I want to.  I have went cheaper at my own pace now instead of all at once.  I have saved up for things by being cheap around here and got alot more without the child here.  Now if you have a beat up sofa and love seat would you go out and get new if all you had to do was cover both up with sheets.  Of course not.  You cover them up and go from there.  Now what is wrong with the sofa and love seat is that the covers for the coushins are ripped and that is it.  Cover them up and move on from there you dont throw out something that a child tells you to.  So go figure on it.  Now since I am trailer trash to the child it is a roof over my head untill I move to someplace else also.  I will not leave a forwarding address at all for hardly anyone.  Very few and far between if they are lucky to have my address at all now after the can.  Look at across the street then you know the real answer of trash along with what the child is still liveing with at this point.  That is how I look at things in life.  Ok folks have fun and play even harder.