Friday, December 11, 2009

Roads are closed again

The I-90 is shut down form about Eden to the PA line and the back roads are no better around here in the south towns.  Some folks wander why I hardly travel in the Winter time around here.  Since the Trucking Company is about a half an hour out of PA it is not so bad if I want to do some shopping down that way.  Anyway who knows if the Hippy will be in tonight or tomarrow.  So at least I have a fully stocked house with food and everything else around here.  Winter has finally hit and I refuse to run low on anything.  And worse comes to worse I can always walk over to Walmart.  I would have to put on extras of course and that is fine.  This is why I say have a well stocked kitchen in the winter.  What I normally do is when something is on sale and I have coupons also for the sales I will pick up extra if my budget allows me to do so.  Now with the rice and pasta I am fully stocked on that and I can also make homemade pasta if need be for the can.  For some folks they look at me crazy of course.  Like I care anyway on that part.  I know what I have and some start just freaking out becuase they all diden't stock up and then they run low.  Alot of the times I will have food on hand and it has helped out alot.  When the state starts closeing down roads around here then I know I am set eather way I go.  Alot of what I do is by learning from when the roads do close down here in NY State of course.  Most of the Seniors told me when I first moved up here to keep everything well stocked in the winter just in case.  Now I was in the St. Louis area when the Blizzard of 1982 came up.  I learned from that also and was stuck inside for about a week.  All I can say is keep enough food for about a month in the household.  Or at least the dry bulk and can goods.  You can always make a meal out of what is on hand.  That is why I have some things on hand nomatter what is going on.  Like the Hippies sister always laughed at me becuase I always had things on hand here at my place.  Well after she got stuck up here with the Spoild Brat and I diden't have to go shopping when the Snow storm hit she stoped in her tracks and basicly stoped laughing about a fully stocked household.  She made a list and said this is what you need Kid.  I had asked if she looked in the Deep Freezer for it she said no.  I already had everything except the Microwave meals that the Spoiled Brat wanted and I said tough on it.  Deal with what I have here in the place.  After that I dident cary the "Hot Pockets" and a few other things in the can.  And that is about the time I started cooking from scratch also.  It has worked for me on more times than not.  And alot cheaper on the purse that I cary also.  So have fun folks and play even harder.