Sunday, December 20, 2009

Today the paper

Well today is a good day for the Sunday paper.  I have to run up to the bank anyway so may as well.  I will save up some of the coupons so I can get that much more off of the grocery bill and the Walmart bill.  Now if you read the coupon very carefully then match them up with the sales you can save alot of money.   Some places double the coupons up to .99.  Then you get an extra coupon sometimes to triple the coupon for a dollar.  When I was hot and heavy into it all I could save over 100 dollars for the trip to the regular grocery store.  Since the chains up here do not take the printed coupons any more then I have to get the paper or go to Walmart for the printed coupons that I have.  A friend of mine was just taken a back after he seen what I did with 30 dollars worth of coupons while he went shopping with me.  The cashier was laughing about it all when I streached out the bill.  I will start this out again to where I have coupons for everything once again.  It takes some organizeing of them all and well worth the trouble to do so.  When I can go in and use at least 30 dollars of the coupons at Walmart you know that I have done alot.  That is without the double coupons there even.  I remember one time I was at Mc Donnalds working still and I had to go shopping for groceries everything was bare here.  So I gathered up all the coupons and the sales ad for that week and went.  I ended up with over 100 dollars worth of coupons for that trip and the groans from the others behind me said it all untill they realized in how much came off of my grocery bill that day.  After all said and done I owed the cashier 50 dollars for a packed Honda trunk and back seat.  It was a well worth trip that go around also with the kitchen in the truck.  There are ways to save other than the coupons also.  Now for my household I do use coupons pluss get the store brands on many things.  It depends on the price at the time and the sales.  Sometimes it is cheaper to go with the sales and coupons than it is for the store brands.  It also depends on what is best for a household also.  I know some who will not get the namebrands at all in the stores.  That is where Aldi kicks in on alot of the food and cleaners.  While I was on food stamps I would split the stamps up from Aldi to who ever had the best sales for that month at the time.  The social worker asked if she could take a copy of the one grocery bill for training of the others.  And to show people it could be done for what I did.  That is when I really started with the cutting things in half also around here.  Like the dish soap, laundery deturgant, dryer sheets and a few other things.  The nice thing is that I haven't stoped doing alot of it over the years.  When I started alot of it I wanted to make everything go further than what it was suppose to in my household/can.  The Hippies sister coulden't understand why I was doing what I was doing around my place at all.  There was one fight to were the gloves came off between myself and the Hippy.  We hardly had any food nor milk in the household at all.  Well in my travles I noticed that some bread was going out behind one of the major grocery chains that day.  Well I knew I had to wait to go to the store the next day when the check cleared the bank.  The Manager at the time came out and noticed what I was doing and asked if I could wait for about a half hour.  I dang near cried when the guy filled up the Honda for me with groceries.  I will always remamber this becuase there was a huge fight at my place becuase the Hippy thought I spent way to much.  And I still had the cash on me that I went with.  And no recipts to back up anything.  So you never know what will happen when you are flat broke at the time.  I still donate when I can to everyplace.  Pluss still I pinch and scrape around here to make things work for my place.  Just like when I got the new washer back in about March and May.  It cost an arm and a leg but well worth it in the long run.  I have saved on the water bill pluss saved on more laundery deturgant also.  Since the washer has an extended spin cycle on it, it has been saveing me on the dryer costs also with the eletric.  That is when the 20 extra dollars was worth it.  Anyway I am still saveing cans when I go out on my walks for my wood burnning kitchen stove and since I have extra time for it I am thankfull.  I have my eye on acouple of them from some catalogs.  So now to start really picking up the cans, bottles, and a few other things.  Ok folks have fun and play even harder today.