Friday, December 18, 2009

Ok I will admit

Well my mother got her pressant for the holidays already.  I can only emagine on what she called me.  It got cold around here lastnight also.  I hiked up the heat another degree and it still dident help out at all.  I can only emagin what it is in the old wearhouses that I use to work in now.  And I had 3 space heaters going at once.  I feel sorry for the poor guys and gals who work out in the cold weather now.  Anyway today I made a trip for the last minute items that I needed.  Well the Hippy came in early and met him at the truck so he went with me.  So now that the shopping is done for almost everyone except one person.  Since he was with me today.  I think the dollar store will be in order this week.  The fun part about the dollar store is you never know what you may find for several folks.  I can really go in and look around and see what is who in there.  Pluss you can get household items also in the dollar stores.  Like coffee pots and hot plates.  I use a hot plate only if the gas is turned off.  Since my gas hasen't been turned off but, only once to fix a pipe leading into the can and I had an eletric stove right then.  Now if that happends I can still cook with the convection oven.  I have a burner on top that I can use with the oven part going also.  That is the fun part about this place.  I have space heaters and a few other tricks up my sleeve if something happends here.  I refuse to get a wood burner anything for the can.  Well I have seen trailers go up in 7 min and burn to a shell.  So I am very carefull with everything here.  Now before the furnace got turned totally on this year I had the oil heater going and a blower heater going and I had it up to 80 here in 2 rooms within about 45 min.  That is with the hall way and front room blocked off.  The only thing is that the power bill went up to about 110 that month for about 2 weeks worth of the space heaters.  That was running them for about 10 hours a day also.  SO if some folks haven't got the gas turned on up here in NY State I can only imagin what thier power bill looks like at this point with it being under 32 outside.  It is like haveing the heat go out in January around here.  Ok have fun and play harder.