Sunday, December 27, 2009

Just noticed

Now I do have cable, phone, and internet thru Time Warner.  I still have AOL becuase it is easier on me to navagate the web.  I have noticed in snow and bad weather AOL freaks out along with the turbo thru Time Warner.  Well after what Verison told me and would not fix the problem on thier end I went shopping for another plan and differant company.  For 6 months the only thing that worked well was the sattilite for the T.V.  The phone lines here in the park have went to snot and I was told it was eather in my can or in my head or a combo of both by one guy who came out.  The static on the line was over 80 desmals of noise.  I couldent connect to the net nor use the house phone at all.  So I would pull out the trusty cell phone to make calls for the time untill I could find a price package that I liked and could afford.  Time Warner did have the package that I wanted and needed for what I wanted to do.  Working in computers as long as I have I can tell you by the smell of what went on the board or hard drive eather way.  So when 2 boxes caught fire I knew what it was.  The tecks came out replaced both boxes for me without a problem.  The one guy I really liked and he quit on me.  Even the Dog that I have really liked the guy who came out.  The poor man was tall and moved slow and that's what my dog likes she dident feel threatined from the guy.  I have noticed something about the boxes and the modem for the cable and phone.  If I turn them off of course I will save some money that is first the second is that since I turn off the box and modem that I reset everything and I get better speeds when I connect to the net.  Pluss it helps if you dump out all the cookies (temp files) out of the computer also.  Alot of folks don't know that if you go to explorer and right click it then go to properties and dump that out also that the computer gets a break.  Now some of the computer tecks out there say it is impossible to blow up the bios chip on the mother board of the computer.  All I can say is it is not impossible I have done it to many of computers along with flames coming out of the north and south ports of the board.  The flames are scarry at first then it cool beans after the first tourching.  Just like folks don't know about you can vac the tower or desk top out from the dust bunnies.  IF you do it carefull enough you can vac the things out.  It just saves money all the way around.  The motherboard runs cooler and it doesent have to work as hard.  Ok folks have fun and play hard.