Saturday, December 12, 2009

Searching for the recipies still

Now I am always looking for recipies that are on the cheap.  The Hippy at my place is gonna say what the flip is this again.  Now some of the recipies that I have are hand writen of course.  Alot of them are in my head.  I always add extra garlic in some of the things that I have in my head.  SOme I had to crack on my own without the help from anyone.  As I told my Grandmother I finally cracked her stuffing recipie that she always makes for the hollidays.  Straight out of the box and a few other things that go into it and bam I got it this year.  And 15 years later for it.  Ok it sometimes takes me a bit (15yrs later) to get it into the brain that I have.  I had to laugh about it all this year.  Now I can pass this to my children when I start haveing them.  So now also I have been trying to get the recipies that are easy and cheaper than snot.  I will get the cheaper ones wheather folks want me to or not.  As long as I have food in my place that is good and fast along with the cheapness wraped into one.  And the cook wear that I have does help out also.  Since they took the Ultrex pots and pans off the HSN all over the place and other places I have to find other pans and pots to use.  Well with the teflon I have to watch it with the bird here.  I have tried a Green Pan from Joy Mangono and Todd English I love it.  It wont bother the bird if I tourch bacon in it.  You can tell when someone who has worked in the food service for way to long when the only way they can eat bacon dang near burnt at all times.  I can really laugh becuase I told my Aunt to tourch the bacon for me while I was there.  Even the baby loved it.  Bad habbits on my part and I barely shared it.  At my Aunts house she will tell you I dident flip out I shoved her out of the kitchen for the party.  When it was all over with she looked at me and asked about my feet.  I said they were alright untill I laid down that night.  I was in tears when I had charly horses in my arches of my feet.  When I got home I diden't want to cook to save my own toush.  I let the Hippy cook for a couple of days untill I could get my bearings back.  After what happened with him down in Punxey Pa the one year Scratch my back for a change.  Poor man was lost for a week after he came back to my place.  When I can fill a regular Buggy at the store down there for 33 dollars for the sales that went on.  Guess what I did it all.  I diden't even use coupons that day.  So cooking on the cheap is what I do around here.  For some folks it is hard to cook on a budget.  They have to have the most expencive things in thier kitchens.  Then try to put out a meal for the place.  WIth myself I can have soup all week long and go from there.  I do not pull from the freezers hardly at all for with me just here.  And why should I cook a big meal with left overs when there is just me here.  Now with that being said I save on the gas bill along with the eletric bill also.  All I really do is heat up the tea kettle for the soup packets that I use.  It gets funny around here the dog looks at me like soup again mom.  And it leads me into the heat problem around the cold areas of the snow belts.  Now with heat I have gas for the most part for the furnace here at the can so far.  Unless I have the oven going of course.  Still it is bad here when it gets below the 20 degree mark here.  I can tell you I have worked in the worst conditions at all times.  When 3 space heaters make the room 40 degrees and it is below zero out side you know that there is a problem.  Where the room was maybe 20 X 20 and the 3 space heaters had a problem it is cold out.  I stuck frozen dinners in the other part of the office that I had and it kept frozen also and the tea was cold after 5 min in the microwave after 2 min in the room also.  I can laugh now about it but, at the time it wasen't at all.  The poor Racoons that hit my room were fighting over the heaters along with the rest of us there it was totally cold.  I had kits in the room also.  Momma and Daddy knew I wouldent bother the babe's that they had becuase we were in the same boat.  I had kits in my lap and at my feet also trying to keep warm.  They all knew I had to move every so often for the work I did.  I ran as many computers as I could also to put heat into the room.  Even that diden't work at times in the office.  Pluss we all brought in our own T.P. also.  Between the heat and other things that some of us did in the Companey that went belly up NY State should take notice on what to do.  THat is what the Empire Zone gets you also.  What was a water bill along with several other things.  When some of us had a 4' drift of snow in the other half of the office that we had.  When the EPA walked in I told them if I ain't glowing by now get out of here.  A nuke is buried not even a 10th of a mile from where I live at.  They checked my room and it was all clear.  They asked how I kept warm in the winter and I laughed and said a burn barrel.  Now to see all of the Rottin Polititions make it where I worked at they couldent survive week after week on what I brought home at the time.  At 7.25 an hour most folks can't make it at all.  Now set a huge tight budget off of that and see how far you can get at the grocery stores.  And that is for Everything.  Pluss pay bills off of what is being brought in.  That is why Aldi and Save A Lot and I are best of friends.  Along with the dollar stores also.  Now when the Hippies sister would come up and stay with me she would get mad at me becuase I cooked full meals that were hot at all times.  Who wants a cold flipping sandwich after being cold all day.  So I cooked and then some just to warm some of us up.  We would hover around the oven for heat.  Pluss with the both of us working at the same place I could do a load of laundery a day also.  SO extra heat in the can.  Well with 3 pluss layers a day the laundery adds up quick.  When I was on tear down I found out to get a wall of Power Supplies on my desk with one space heater worked well.  I was warmer than the other 2 on tear down and they had a frog shoved up the toush also.  THe frog is a turbo heater with karoseen.  If I could get a roof on the wall of power supplies on my desk I would have done it.  Pluss the sales of power supplies for computers went thru the roof also from my desk.  It was kinda funny untill I had to tear the wall down and rebuild it.  There are ways to save money and keep warm also.  Ok folks have fun and play hard.