Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Now I realize of why

Now I know why I DOn't go down to the St. Louis area for family anymore.  My belly did the flip flop when my one Aunt walke thru the door at my grandmothers house.  Here I am on my own never ever asked for a dime from my grandmother and here comes the mouch of the family once again.  Now with most of the holidays in the December month I don't make cookies as a rule in my household.  Sorry for the people who love my cookies that I bake.  I have seen what my family went thru for the holidays for the dozens and dozens of cookies that I coulden't touch.  Now for the one Aunt that I just can't stand it has been going on since I was a little bitty thing growing up and watching her just ooooooo poor pitty me deal with my grandparents.  It gets old.  Thank God for the woman who raised me and taught me to be cheap thru out my life and never ask for a dang dime.  Pluss I learned years ago if I asked for money from the one side of the family I would get it held over my head untill whenever also.  So with me over the past 20 years I have done it on my own for the most part and a great support system from the Real Women of both sides of the families.  There was alot that I had to learn on my own of course on cooking, cleaning, and being cheap in my own place.  Now with some of the cooking here within the past maybe 5 years if not less I ran into the Hillbillyhousewife site.  So a HUGE thanks to the folks who have ran the site for this long.  There are things that I never realized that I could do with cooking on the frugal/cheap side of life.  With some of it it was an extra push in what I could do for my kitchen also.  Here in January I will be shopping once a month again for the household around here.  It will drive more folks just compleatly nuts of course and I don't mind it at all.  As long as I am streaching out the dollars more than some folks that I know and moved 14 hrs away from the St. Louis area I am good to go.  I can't get blamed for what the others are doing also now a days.  Ok folks have fun and play even harder today.